Our nursery program provides care for children ages 12 months to 2 ½ years. These precious years are driven by curiosity. There are so many things toddlers want to see and do and our caring and supportive staff is at their side, guiding them every step of the way. Building your child’s self esteem is of utmost importance and we do so in a caring and nurturing environment. An important objective that our infant/ toddler program maintains is to prepare your little ones for preschool. The curriculum provides the tools to help your child gain confidence, empathy toward others, and the acquisition of expressive language. In preparation for preschool, appropriate emphasis is also placed on helping your child become potty trained.
Our preschool program services children 2 1/2 to 5 years old. As a continuation from the Infant/Toddler program, greater emphasis is placed on social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth. Our three year olds acquire the skills to express themselves, resolve conflicts, show empathy towards classmates, as well as the ability to confidently work and play in small and large groups. In line with the Department of Education Curriculum, our four year old students are instructed based on developmentally appropriate practices that will prepare them for kindergarten. Today, through self directed play and carefully guided instructions; the children will acquire the skills necessary to make appropriate decisions that will create positive influences throughout their entire school career.
Daily language instructions assist children in understanding the value of written and spoken words. A thematic approach is used in the exploration of science, math, music, art and physical activities. Community, social awareness, and service also play an integral role in preparing our students for the real world. With the aid of our parents, the Center has raised large sums of money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital. Parents also assist us on yearly trip outings and planning our annual sports day celebration.
In line with the philosophy of the Center, Rainbow Rhymes curriculum includes the following:
- Language Arts: poetry, storytelling, drama, listening skills.
- Reading Readiness: name recognition, beginning reading and writing skills.
- Math: pattern, geometric and numeral recognition, measuring.
- Science: observing, classifying, predicting, and making inferences.
- Social Studies: awareness of self and others, relation to family and community.
- Music: singing, dancing, drumming, recognition of beat, rhythm, tempo.
- Art: drawing, painting, clay work, collage.
- Choice Play: dramatic play, block building, puzzles, pegs and boards, sand and water play, computer.
- Dramatic Play
- Music and movement
- Writing and Listening
- Toys and Games